Tuesday, November 1, 2011

details of a sandwich

I think we've all been lusting over not without salt's fall sandwich posted a few weeks back. I saw it everywhere, pintrest, blogs you name it and finally I caved in and made it. Honestly I'm not sure why I waited so long, its so easy to pull together once you have all the ingredients which is a very short list. To take this sandwich to the next level and because I was feeling productive/energetic I went ahead and made the french bread for it. Yes it might have took me the majority of my saturday but in my opinion it was worth the weight. I'll post if people are interested the recipe for the bread I used later because now its time to focus on the main event.



This sandwich is seriosuly super easy. All you need is honey ham, smoked ham, gruyere cheese, french bread and apple butter. When I read this aloud to my family the majority of them gave me a look like your going to add apple butter to a sandwich and buy gross cheese for it? And I was all I love apple butter an gruyere cheese is super yummy and even more yummy when melted!



Basically all you do is build your sandwich, put it under the broiler for 3-5 minutes and its done, however our broiler is wanky so I used a toaster oven we have and it worked just as well. The original sandwich has good mustard and arugula added to the end but I had neither so I didnt add it.

3 comments:

  1. That looks delicious -- I love cheese, especially gruyere! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delish! Can't wait to try it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to thank you for all thoughts. Thank you for your such a nice information. You have been extremely supportive through your blog. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience with us.panini press

    ReplyDelete

reading your comments makes my day a little brighter :)