Monday, December 19, 2011

down in the dumps

I don't know what it is this year but I just can't get into the holiday spirit, I usually would have baked about 4 dozen cookies by now, have watched multiple Christmas movies including White Christmas and Holiday Inn. However none of that has happened, as much as I want it to. It might have to do with the fact that every morning it feels like I wake up to a facebook notification that some girl I graduated high school with is engaged and I am still single or the fact that baby (the 3 yr old I babysit, is referred to as baby. immature I know.) is in school and doesn't have time to play with me. But whatever it is I can't shake it. Recently a friend was deployed to Afghanistan and whenever I talk to him its me complaining about how much I hate this or that annoys me. Looking through our conversations, I really get mad at myself for whining to him and to all of you. So I've decided just to get over myself and embrace all the great things I actually have in my life.



These quotes also help. But seriously, I promise no more whining/venting on here. My pity party is over.

and for those wondering this is Finn (baby)

3 comments:

  1. aww it will get better:) this time of year is heavy with expectations, and i've found myself also struggling to get in the christmas spirit. i've had to truly stop and focus on what the holiday is really about to prevent myself from getting lost in the shuffle of it all...of course, making cookies does help:) love those quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quotes compliment what I posted today. <3 I'm not in the holiday spirit either. I'm really kind of Scrooge-ish this year if the truth be known.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel. I get a little sad too when I see another engagement announcement or that someone else is having a baby. Being 25 and single is rough when most of my friends have been married for a few years. However, I'm in a great relationship, I have a great job, I'm back in school to pursue my dream, so there are always things to be thankful for! Just remember all the great stuff that you have going for you! :) I love love love that quote that says you are way too smart to be the only thing standing in your way!

    ReplyDelete

reading your comments makes my day a little brighter :)